Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » Online - Websites    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 1 out of 2 | <<<12>>>
Pixel Apocalypse is re-launching with a new direction!
So about a month ago I pulled down PixelApocalypse.com because doing the same old thing that everyone else is doing was just getting boring.  The reality is that the net is saturated with independent sites that for the most part all look the same, and are all saying the same things.

For a site to really stand out and be succesfull there has to be some measure of originality to the content being produced, and that is my main focus for the site re-launch.  I'd love to have a few like minded people involved as well, not a ton, just 3 or 4 of the best and brightest Gameleon has to offer who are tired of jumping from site to site and doing the same old same old.

Anyone who is interested would have creative input on the direction of the site, part ownership (the site would not just belong to me, everyone would have a stake), and obviously access to whatever review code we get our hands on.  If this might be something you're interested in shoot me an email and we can discuss it further.

4 topics   14 posts
I like what you are saying and couldn't agree more. There is definitely a "sameness" that pervades most of the gaming sites out there today. I'm just not sure exactly how to break up that monotony! My first thought is doing original video content...but most indies can't do that because they have no money and/or audience. I've produced some stuff out of my own pocket, hoping to have it hosted somewhere (and these were two bigger, well-know sites) and even they balked at the cost. It's a conundrum to be sure...

2 topics   5 posts
Hey Jerry, you're right. I've got a few ideas myself and would love to brainstorm a few more with anyone that might be interested in jumping on board.

4 topics   14 posts
Happy to brain storm with you guys.

I also have an idea for visual reviews I'd like to try out, based on the recent trend in info graphics and data visualisation. Could you visualise a game review in the same way?

I was also previously trying to hear everyone's ideas on an ideal videogames show, so am interested to hear your recent advert mentioned video production - although be warned, it can be quite intensive to do!! ^_^.

14 topics   111 posts
Sweet, you guys want to jump on Skype next week and kick around a few ideas then?

4 topics   14 posts
Sure. My skype's ajmetz82 I believe.

14 topics   111 posts
I wanna be in on the brainstorming idea!

0 topics   9 posts
Just checking out your after effects stuff now, ;-)....

14 topics   111 posts
ahh alright was like "wooo I gots a comment!" made me stop playing with CS5 :P

0 topics   9 posts
Sweetness, I'll add you on SKype Andrew and hopefully we can all get together this week sometime. Hey Jeff, I gotta do a podcast this week as well to make sure itunes doesn't remove the feed. If figured we could do a quick show on the epic mediocrity of SW: TFU2 and all that nonsense if you're interested.

4 topics   14 posts
Page 1 out of 2 | <<<12>>>

Moderators: Tom