Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » General Games Jou...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 14 out of 26 | <<<12345 ... 1213141516 ... 2223242526>>>
The 'Hello Everyone' Topic
Hey there.

My name is Justin, I am 38, and I review import games for That Guy With The Glasses dot com under the name JewWario.

I have a successful show called 'You Can Play This!' where I feature an imported retro video game and instruct the viewers on the story and the controls of the game so that they can enjoy it without the knowledge of Japanese and without using an FAQ or walkthrough.

Currently I am on my 25th show and have aquired quite a following including having several of my shows being subtitled by a fan into Japanese and shown on the Japanese video site Nico Nico dot com.

I'm looking to try to make this my living and to expand out into writing for companies if I can.

0 topics   1 posts
Hey everyone, nice to e-meet you all.

Let me introduce myself as well. My name is Lukasz Kukawski and I'm in charge of PR and Marketing at GOG.com - a digital distribution service that brings back classic PC games back to gamers.

I'm working in the industry for 2 years now and I'm really enjoying it. Before that I polished my PR skills in couple PR agencies, but I always wanted to combine my passion for games with work. And now look at me, I made it :)

I see lot's of journalists here, so if you're interested at all in PC games, especially in classics, let me know and I'm sure we can arrange some cooperation.

That's it from me for now. Cheers!

0 topics   2 posts
Hullo, Advocate here. I've been webmaster of http://FirstPersonShooters.net (and .org) for almost 10 years now. I haven't had time to keep it up to date always, and I haven't had time to learn SQL as it needs, but that's also it's saving grace. The site is simple, non-intrusive, and to the best of my limited ability, complete. If there is anything there specifically missing that you'd like to have access to, simply ask, I have more to add than I know how to find time for but I will prioritize any requests. To the best of my knowledge I *still* have the most complete list of the genre ever compiled and yet it's always expanding. Wish me luck!

0 topics   1 posts
Hi,

A lot of text in this forum, will try to keep it short.

Currently working as a Marketing employee at Dutch Games Publisher Playlogic.
Goooo Fairytale Fights :)

That should be it for now, oh yeah, I like both PES and FIFA, how about that :)

0 topics   1 posts
Hi Folks,

my name is Chris Schuett, I am 34 years old and I am the Community & PR Manager at Reakktor Media GmbH in Hannover, Germany.

I’ve begun my career in the games industry in 2002, starting off in the customer support as Lead Gamemaster and later on moved to the community management and public relations field.

In contrast to fellow CMs and PR people, I don’t have a journalistic background but have studied in the psychology and sociology field which renders quite useful, particularly in the community management. However, people say that my writing and organization skills seem to be quite appealing so I am also responsible for everything PR related at Reakktor Media.

Some of you might know our current MMORPG “Neocron” which is running for several years now. Next to this we have a fantastic space action MMO in development called “Black Prophecy”. Feel free to drop me a PM or an e-mail if you want to get added to our press mailing list or if you have any questions regarding our games.

Regards,
Chris

0 topics   1 posts
 Hey Everyone! Just found this site today, and thought it would be the perfect place to start making friends.

Though a gamer since I was 4 (Super Mario Brothers, what else?), my game journalism experience doesn't stretch farther than this year. I have always had the passion for writing, hence my bachelors in English and creative writing that is almost complete, but it took me quite some time to find a place where I could get a shoe into the industry.

Until I found Mixr Media.

They gave me a shot at a managing editor position for Wirebot (www.wirebot.com), their gaming community, and I didn't take it for granted. Though I would typically not express how new I am to the press portion of the industry, my honesty and passion is what landed me here in the first place. Because of that, I figured I would roll with the annoying motto that says "if it isn't broke, don't fix it."

I joined not just for professional collaborating, but also to make friends! We all are passionate about the same things, and it would be nice to have some people to talk to and maybe even meet up with at E3 this year. It will be my first one so it is pretty exciting!

Email me or add me one this site. Look forward to meeting some of you!

Jordan Pailthorpe
www.wirebot.com

1 topics   2 posts
 I'm Adam Thomas

Run The Gamer Studio...we are a small site looking to get better.

College Student. Been gaming since the tender age of 4. Looking at my Christmas Tree right now.

Eh...

XBOX - Jaurenlo (In the shop for the RROD)
PS3 - Sometimelater
Wii - >.>
Xfire - Jaurenlo [ Lost my real rig in a horrible....accident. *tear*]

1 topics   3 posts
Hi Guys
Wow I feel like the little fish seeing the big fish heading straight for me! My names Paul from the UK. Basically I've been playing games since my parents bought me the Amstrad CPC 464, got addicted then and haven't looked back. My other passion as a child was writing. So I don't bore everyone to tears basically went to college to do a journalism course (my biggest dream) was informed that I was the only signup so course was cancelled. So did three years computer course, follwed by a year working for a computer clinic. In the meantime went onto settle down had kids carried on with normal jobs. Kept gaming, kept writing but mainly for myself. Then last year decided to volunteer for some writing jobs. Got accepted and here I am, currently writing for MyInsideGamer and Oldvideogamers.
Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

0 topics   2 posts
 Hi All,

I will keep this into short and sweet!

Firstly, thanks gameleon for setting up this great site. Most appreciated.

We are Gamekicker.com, a video game news aggregation website much like N4G but without the rigorous policing and fanboy filtering. We feel that every article should live or die on its own merits. If it is a bad article it soon gets rated down. Simple.

I hope that we can be of some assistance to everyone here and give you all an additional outlet to get your great articles and gamer news out there. Anyway enough of the sales pitch. 

Thanks again Gameleon

0 topics   1 posts
Hi,

I'm still figuring out what this site is all about but I'm more than happy to introduce myself. My game journalism goes back a few weeks now so I'm definitely new in the industry. On a spark of inspiration I began Gametunes.net, a site focusing on video game music news, composer interviews, soundtrack reviews, and whatever else I find related to game audio. The site is getting a lot of good feedback and growing faster than I though possible.

In my other life I am a college student finishing up undergraduate degrees in music composition and recording technologies with an aim to make game audio my profession. I started playing games on the venerable NES and have been playing ever since though it becomes less and less as a family enters the picture and other responsibilities crop up, you know what I mean:)

I'm glad to be here and look forward to getting to know many of you!

0 topics   1 posts
Page 14 out of 26 | <<<12345 ... 1213141516 ... 2223242526>>>

Moderators: Tom