Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » Online - Websites    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Enticing Your Outside Audience
We've got a bit of a problem in the fact that we started out as video content providers on the video sharing network YouTube. When we wanted to take things to the next level, we released our website. The problem we now have is, our subscribers are more than happy to sit subscribed to the YouTube channel because they know they'll get all the video media there. How would you go about enticing them over to the website?

Competitions?

Host some videos directly on the website?

Publish videos on website updates?

It's an oddball situation as most online publications are the reverse, adding a YouTube channel afterwards. What i don't want to do is peev off our existing subscriber base on YouTube, so it's treading a fine line. Especially considering when we started out making videos on YouTube we were just average gamers. It's a difficult one to read and calls for more advice. Your feedback is most valued.

2 topics   22 posts
A conundrum no doubt. The only thing I can think of without denying your youtube users anything is to offer something on your website that youtube can't. Whatever that might be is up to you. Better written reviews, podcasts, not sure!

Otherwise make sure you're amply pointing out that you have a website on your youtube page and videos. Tell them about all the great stuff on the website.

I'm sure you've probably thought of all that already!

2 topics   26 posts

Moderators: Tom