Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » General Games Jou...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 17 out of 26 | <<<12345 ... 1516171819 ... 2223242526>>>
The 'Hello Everyone' Topic
Hello all,

I have just recently started to write about games at the start of this year under Judge Game, Shortly before this I did a few inter-clan reviews on some current titles. Currently this is just a hobby for me to do in my free time, however I am very much finding myself enjoying this and can forsee doing it for quite some time. I have come here under the suggestion of the site owner and found of Judge Game, but I am looking forward to meeting other members of this network and learning from their experience. I started gaming on a Nintendo when I was young and then moved onto the Playstation, then Playstation 2, N64 for a short period, then Xbox, and currently Xbox 360.

0 topics   3 posts

Hi Everyone
     My name is Sascha Heist. I'm from British Columbia Canada. I have been into gaming since the Atari 2600 which may give away my age. I currently write for some newspapers in the province and trying to join some websites. I have always loved gaming on the older systems but am really addicted to the latest gen systems with the online services. My favorite system is the XBox 360 with the abilty to chat with friends around the globe and with some games of COD Modern Warfare 2. The best game in my opinion was Shenmue for the Dreamcast. That was epic in my eyes. Currently if I'm not playing COD MW 2 with friends from the UK I'm playing Yakuza 3 (Shenmue with gangsters) among others. I joined the site to try and meet others who love games without all the name calling and swearing usually involved.

Nice to meet everyone feel free to add my gamertags below.
XBox 360 Gamertag:acehardy13
Gamertag:acehardy13

0 topics   1 posts
Hello everyone, Name's Giuseppe from Milano, Italy. I have written in the past for several Italian print magazines, then took a hiatus to "see the world" outside of gaming journalism, while writing on my personal blog Classy Gamer. Now I'm getting back into it, slowly, starting by writing on This is my Joystick.

I started gaming when I was about six, on my first lovely Spectrum 48K. Since then I've always been a big RPG fan, both western and Japanese, a lover of racing and flight simulation (they still exist somewhere :P) games, and an all-platforms gamer.

All times favourite game? Would be a tie between Valkyria Chronicles, Baldur's Gate 2, Xenogears, Il-2 Sturmovik and Kikaioh. But I guess there are too many old loves to be listed.

If you find an Abriael anywhere (including Xbox Live and PSN), that's most probably me (the "ae" makes the nick quite unique), so feel free to add

0 topics   1 posts
Better late than never I suppose.

Name's Richard and I recently joined up.  I love video games and writing, so naturally I love writing about video games even more.  I am from some middle-of-nowhere town in Tennessee and I am looking forward to actually being able to do what I love professionally.  I haven't the first clue what else to say, except hello to everyone and look forward to getting to know you all.

0 topics   1 posts
Hello everybody,

My name is Lindsey and I live in California. I just joined today so I figured I might as well do this first.

At the end of last month I started writing for Examiner.com as their Fresno Video Games Examiner. I've been gaming since I was 5, and am now 27. That means for 22 years of my life, I've had a controller of some sort in my hands. Gaming has always been a passion of mine, and it's been there for me through some tough times. When I lost my great-grandfather to cancer back in 1995, gaming helped me through the grieving process. In 2000, I came down with chicken pox during my high school senior finals. I was unable to graduate due to not being able to take any finals, and I missed out on all of the graduation parties and activities. Gaming was again there for me. In 2001 I had a traumatic event happen in February, only to have a man who was like a father to me pass away that following November. I can't even begin to tell you how many hours I played Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and X.

As an only child, gaming was a way for me to interact with something or someone. No matter who has came and gone in my life, gaming has been the only stable thing. It's been something that I can count on, something that makes me happy, and something that has led me to create bonds and friendships with people throughout the world.

It's been a dream of mine to work in the gaming industry, and while being a freelance, pay-per-hit writer isn't as glamorous as other positions can be, I see it as a stepping stone. For 5 years I worked at a local GameStop store and that gave me the opportunity to attend events such as the Microsoft Xbox preview event in San Jose, and I even got to attend E3 in 2002. It was at E3 where I made friends with employees from Sega, and it was where I was invited to go with them to the Sony after-party. At the party, I had the honor of meeting and speaking with Hideo Kojima, and that is a moment in my life that I will never forget. I was just a lowly employee at GameStop, but here is the Vice President of Konami asking for my business card. I felt terrible that I had to tell him that I "all out" but he honored me by giving me his. I treasure that business card so much, but I never had the courage to email him. What do you even begin to say? I also got to meet Akira Yamaoka, who worked on the Silent Hill series, and I even got to meet creators of Shenmue and Street Fighter. At E3, I was offered a position at Sega as a video game tester, but events happened at home that prevented me from being able to accept it...and I was crushed.

I spent 2005-2007 playing Halo 2 for 16 hours a day, and I attended 3 Major League Gaming (MLG) tournaments. I became friends with many of the professional players, and am proud to call some of them friends now.

There aren't enough words in the English language to properly express just how passionate I am about video games. I love everything about them (well, maybe not everything. ET on the Atari did happen), and I can't wait until I'm 80 playing Resident Evil 5000 on some insane console.

You can find me on XBL under the gamertag xPsylocke, or you can find me on Twitter under VivoEstSomnio. Feel free to add me on either because I love getting to know people who share similar interests!

"When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
1 topics   4 posts
Hey guys,

My name is Tarun and I just joined this site today. I have been an avid gamer since the tender age of four and received a copy of Mortal Kombat at the age of 6. I stated of as a fighting game junkie and would eventually move my way to the wonderful world of RPG's and shooters. I am currently playing that God-awful Final Fantasy XIII on my 360 (GT: The Great T Run).

I began blogging on my buddy's once prosperous gaming blog "360hacker.net." He would eventually have his life overtaken by his girlfriend and wound up kinda leaving the reincarnated blog in my hands. I am also currently a freelance writer for Demand Studios and write articles based primarily on video games and music.

I am looking to break into the gaming industry (even if it means relocating to the other side of the country) and making my way up. I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia with my family and newly adopted puppy Sin-é. When I'm not hanging out with my girlfriend, you can find me gaming, playing my guitar, playing with the puppy or immersing myself on the pages of Reddit. Feel free to contact me or hit me up for a gaming session guys. Cheers!

1 topics   3 posts
Hello all.

I'll keep this short and sweet.

My name is Stevie Smith, I'm a senior reviewer at Play.tm/Playboy.co.uk and also a freelance contributor at GameZone.com.

Beyond (Beyond!) ploughing the gaming circuit, I also write daily news for The Tech Herald.

If anyone needs a loyal and house trained daily newshound (sniff, sniff) for their online gaming publication, I'm all ears.

Not literally, that would be hideous.

0 topics   3 posts
Hello. I broke into the industry 5 years ago writing about core games. I've somehow ended up writing a lot about social games, free MMOs, and virtual worlds over the past year. It's strange and wonderful to write about an industry that didn't exist not all that long ago.

My taste in games is still quite hardcore, but I find social games an interesting subject in its own right. If you visit my Facebook and it's full of spam from some game you've never heard of, that means I'm doing a new review probably.

0 topics   4 posts
Hello one and all.
It's a pleasure to be here, I write for www.thisismyjoystick.com and love videogames.
Look forward to chatting with you all.

0 topics   2 posts
Hi

I am Amit, I have a backround from gaming through half my life, Information Communication Technology, Healthcare, 3D Design and Animation, Game Design and Creative Digital Media.

I have been on a long and difficult journey for the last 4-5 years, I have grown from a creative day dreamer into a semi-experienced realistic business oriented person with creative approach to game development. I spent 2 years creating a network while trying to find a solid team to carry the banners of a company. Although many lack the understanding of the reality of game development.

I realized my lack of experience and skills as a creative person would take a decade to improve so I went over to Quality Assurance and Producer role at another game company. I worked hard for 1 year with not much payment. By the time I was done there I had help produce a board game, DSi title and help design other smaller ideas.

By that time I started my own company and since then I have been learning, growing network, adjusting and adapting. I can't say much for the company but I can say I am leveling up like crazy.

Now I have experienced being Assistant Game Designer, Producer and Quality Assurance Manager. Before that I did level design...

Now...I am 24 years old at the time of this writing...

I am trying to run a company as a CEO....

Where did I go wrong? :P hehe

1 topics   2 posts
Page 17 out of 26 | <<<12345 ... 1516171819 ... 2223242526>>>

Moderators: Tom