Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » Online - Websites    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 1 out of 2 | <<<12>>>
I need advices/thoughts on my website too please :)
Hello,

I'm a french journalist about video game and I have my own website : http://www.just-gamers.fr . I just wanna know what do you think about it : design, tag-line, different sections, etc (even if you don't understand french of course!).
If you have some advices, just tell me :)

Thank you all.

Jessica

1 topics   3 posts
My French is not good enough to criticize the quality of the articles, but I guess I can give my own humble opinion on the general look & feel.

The site looks good overall, but I don't like the large animation on the homepage. The images take to long to appear because of the animation. The navigation is not very clear to me as well. Are those small thumbnails at the bottom clickable?

Using Facebook Connect is an advantage, as I don't like to sign up for every site and give all info. It looks like the Facebook Connect is integrated really well.

The contest you are running with Sony PlayStation for Heavy Rain is nice! The official PlayStation site is linking back to your site as the partner of the contest, which is perfect for your pagerank and must bring in a lot of traffic, good one!

5 topics   52 posts
De façon générale j'aime votre emplacement. Il est bien organisé et a une structure logique.

Comme l'autre personne a dit, le concours que vous avez est une bonne chose et je suis certain qu'elle augmentera le votre trafic et exposition.

Les articles sur votre emplacement semblent bien rédigés - je fais des excuses pour mon mauvais Français ici, j'essaye mais je ne suis pas très bon.

Bonne chance avec votre emplacement !

Cheers!

Chris

0 topics   3 posts
Thanks for your answers! I will use your advices to make it better :)

1 topics   3 posts
I like the color and general layout but I think the front page is a bit crowded. I find when a page is too fussy I'm turned off it's too over whelming.

0 topics   2 posts
Due to a hacker, we had to change the template and some stuffs on the website. Maybe it's better?

1 topics   3 posts
I think your header area is too big, to scroll down before you see any of the real content is never a good idea. Everything else looks good though.

Can't comment on the actual features as my French is very poor at best.

3 topics   34 posts
Header is indeed too big! Perhaps you would consider moving the login and search bar all the way to the top, and making it thinner? If the design has to be the way it is, I would suggest removing the date on top, and moving everything all the way up, so that the logo is about 1 cm from the top.

This would ensure that even at 1024x768, people can see that there is content below your massive Flash banner (perhaps you could shrink this a little too?).

For the side bars on the right, If they are featured articles/news (Dossiers and Insolite), you might want to have less of that (so that the features ARE features!) and have the more community centric stuff up, like "Dernières réactions" which I am guessing to be either latest forum posts or a twitter feed of some kind. You can move the "Gamers connectés" all the way to the bottom, as it is a statistic that not many care about. It is also a statistic that some sites just don't show!

Hope that helps :)

0 topics   1 posts
Thanks everyone for your help. As you said, we changed the home page: the header is now smaller and we changed the modules' disposition.

Is that better?

1 topics   3 posts
It looks really well. I just think it could do with a fraction more padding in the A la une du Magazine Just Gamers box to seperate the two columns

1 topics   8 posts
Page 1 out of 2 | <<<12>>>

Moderators: Tom