Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » Online - Websites    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 2 out of 2 | <<<12>>>
How do you monetize your gaming website?
I don't like Google ads for gaming websites. They might be useful for other websites but they look kind of unprofessional.

As an alternative, their are two companies who offer advertising specifically for the entertainment industry: Intergi and GameAds. I do not know if they are any good and if they only apply to the US market or not, but as a webmaster of a gaming website it might be interesting to check these out.

If anybody has some more info on Intergi and/or GameAds, thanks for posting your feedback.

5 topics   52 posts
Scott Kevill wrote...
Thing is we don't want to have the rubbish google ads on their as Andy (my partner in crime) has morals and hates them.

What? You mean you don't like the Evony ads?
What I was refering to is being a site about gaming and not have relevent ads. If you go with someone like google ads you get a whole host of adverts that I find annoying on other sites. It generally looks tasteless. For example. Learn how to get your teeth whiter add that  gets everywhere.. gaming sites ads should have gaming related ads, its relevent to the people thats looking.

Simon Weatherall
Assistant Editor
www.thisismyjoystick.com
3 topics   35 posts
Selling games as affiliates is a good option as it generates handsome revenue if you have loyal visitors.Games which are already established and popular in demand will attract newer customers if you have similar games listed on your site.And as more and more game sites are coming up to compete,make sure your site has something unique to offer...something not all sites offers.That will make your site stand out not only different but will also generate sales owing to your site's uniqueness.

0 topics   1 posts
This is a good question and one that could rage on for ever. It's hard for small independent blog sites to get the attention they sometimes deserve. A friend of mine runs a film blog and gets invited to Pixar in the USA for interviews gets interviews with the stars, got voted best new comer from Total film magazine and is currently the number 1 film blog in the UK yet he still makes no money. As fledgling gaming blog, this does dishearten me some what.

Content Director
www.thumb-culture.com

0 topics   1 posts
We get the money for various tourneys and giveaways by running ads of our sponsors on air during the radio show and/or by displaying their banners on event sites. The whole show is partially sponsored by a company with which we have a rather friendly partnership. There are also some online gaming shops which use our reviews (of course only the ones that they like) as their product descriptions. This allows us to pay for site hosting. As for earning any money that would actually allow us to make a decent living and focus on the project full-time: no luck so far. We don't want to place ads on our website, as we fear that they could turn the readers away.

0 topics   2 posts
Page 2 out of 2 | <<<12>>>

Moderators: Tom