Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » General Games Jou...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 1 out of 2 | <<<12>>>
Debug Hardware
I'm reaching a point where I've had bigger places interested in giving me work but they can't because I don't debug hardware. Who do I need to talk to about this and how have some of you been successful in acquiring this stuff? I really feel like this is going to be my next biggest roadblock and damn it, I want it cleared! :)

5 topics   11 posts
I'm in exactly the same position now Stew. It just feels like you need to get your name in the biggest places you can without the debug, and then you'll get Sony/MS interested. I even receive loads of debug code without the consoles which is a waste right now, but hopefully that'll change soon.

0 topics   20 posts
I'm going to try making some phone calls as I heard it might help me at least get one some wait lists.

5 topics   11 posts
I've been told I'm on the waiting list numerous times over the last year, no luck yet though.

0 topics   20 posts
I am also in the exact same position and have begun a search to try and find a console. From what all of my editors tell me it's a crap shoot with MS/Sony and you have to be a "big time freelancer" for them to consider you. I'd say "big time" is loosely defined and like you said Stew, it's the roadblock that prevents you from getting to the next level.

Keep this thread going, hopefully we can find a way in.

1 topics   4 posts
I know some relatively "big time" freelancers that do not have a personal debug console. It's about having access to a debug console to play debug games. Most publications you write for will let you use their "company" debug console to be able to play the games. Sure it is not as convenient as having your own, but at least you get to play the debug preview code.

5 topics   52 posts
I know some relatively "big time" freelancers that do not have a personal debug console. It's about having access to a debug console to play debug games. Most publications you write for will let you use their "company" debug console to be able to play the games. Sure it is not as convenient as having your own, but at least you get to play the debug preview code.

Unless you live thousands of miles away from where the publications you contribute to are based out-of, which is the case for most freelancers living on the East Coast.

6 topics   34 posts

Unless you live thousands of miles away from where the publications you contribute to are based out-of, which is the case for most freelancers living on the East Coast.

Bingo. I live in Mass. but write for GamePro in Cali. Sure they fly me out there for events once in a while, and I'll get any retail copy of a game I need, but they aren't about to fed-ex me a debug console when they only have a few themselves.

I refuse to accept that there isn't a way to get one.

1 topics   4 posts
[i]I refuse to accept that there isn't a way to get one.[/i]

You do not have to. The debugs arent that expensive anymore. I think you can get one for like 2k dollars.

0 topics   2 posts
Jan Laros wrote...
[i]I refuse to accept that there isn't a way to get one.[/i]

You do not have to. The debugs arent that expensive anymore. I think you can get one for like 2k dollars.

I was told that a certain publisher order them in at a cost of £6000 each.

0 topics   20 posts
Page 1 out of 2 | <<<12>>>

Moderators: Tom