Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games I... » Events    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
CeBIT 2010
CeBIT (Centrum der Büro- und Informationstechnik; German for "Centre of Office and Information technology") is the world's largest computer expo. It is held each spring on the world's largest fairground in Hanover, Germany, and is a barometer of the state of the art in information technology. With an exhibition area of roughly 450,000 m² (5 million ft²) and up to 700,000 visitors, it is larger than COMPUTEX and the no-longer held COMDEX. By 2007 the CeBIT expo attendance has shrunk to 'more than 200,000' from those all-time highs[1], it was held from 15 March to 21 March2007. The 2008 expo dates were 4 March to 9 March2008, with a notable event being the police raids of 51 exhibitors for patent infringement[2], something that is traditionally not a criminal matter in most jurisdictions, and is likely to further affect attendance figures in the future. The 2009 expo dates are 3 March to 8 March2009.

Who's going to attend at the CeBIT 2010 in March? I need to go because it's a schoolproject.

3 topics   31 posts
Did you copy it from Wikipedia or something, Syl? :P

2 topics   72 posts
Yes, I was too lazy to write down in my own words what CeBIT is. I only did it because I never been to the CeBIT before.

3 topics   31 posts
We've added CeBIT 2010 to the Events section, feel free to RSVP here.

Spread the word! Invite your fellow game journalists to join.

6 topics   37 posts
CeBIT! I hate it with a passion... have wasted far too much of my life visiting that show over the years. On many trips, you couldn't even stay in Hanover because the likes of Microsoft, Xerox, Heidelberg and others had booked up all the local hotels a year in advance - once I even stayed near Berlin and went in on the train every day.

Avoid at all costs, unless you're looking for a job in IT, in which case you'll no doubt meet some worthwhile people who will take your resume/CV and then forget you ever existed. :)

2 topics   3 posts

Moderators: Tom