Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » General Games Jou...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Where do you get your video footage?

I know this probably belongs in the Video section, so please feel free to move it if this annoys anyone. I just noticed that the Video forum hasn't been altogether too active recently and wanted to get a response.

Just curious, where do y'all get your gameplay footage? I'm interested in doing some video reviews and need some. Do you record it yourselves? Download it from another source? 

5 topics   11 posts
You can get hold of video recording hardware and software, must PR groups for publishers/developers also distributed gameplay videos on their sites.

3 topics   8 posts
Okay. I have the hardware mentioned, but it's a DS game I'm currently interested in so I may drop Square Enix a line. Thanks!

5 topics   11 posts
Any videos I have worked with are normally embedded from youtube to save me using my own bandwidth for now but in saying that it's not my video.

Haven't shot my own vids for the site yet

War of Legends Login 
2 topics   7 posts
It's been a while since I did video work, but generally we got footage a few ways:

Went to events and filmed it,

Got Beta SP tapes, DVDs, Quicktime files, etc sent to us by the PR companies,

Used online services such as www.thenewsmarket.com which have b-roll for news broadcast, and Nintendo put some stuff on there from time to time,

Video Assets posted on www.gamespress.com

Recording our own gameplay

Youtube, ;-),
>_<...Gametrailers.com

And yeah, when the DS was launched, we visited Cake who were doing PR at the time, and they had some special equipment for capturing the video from the DS. However, it output NTSC and we arrived with PAL cameras, so couldn't take direct feed, so just literally pointed the camera at the screen instead, =S.

In general, if you need footage of a particular game, and can't record it yourself from what you already own, then best bet is to look up the PR company that represents the publisher, and ask them to send you some footage. They all usually have gameplay footage and trailers they can send over.

14 topics   111 posts
some of the cheaper PVR's you can pick up offer the multiple adaptors that fit all handhelds. In particlur there is the Dazzle. ( make sure you get the standard it also iffers up built in settings for universal capture ) you don't need to contact anyone with PVR it is covered in the Fair Use act. Only trailers are not, but you can display any material of liomited size if you ad a Fair Use disclaimer to the description

0 topics   1 posts
I normally get videos off of YouTube and videos available through PR

7 topics   29 posts

Moderators: Tom